On this page:
National Disability Resources
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Private Research Institutes
Disability Statistics & Related Information
National Disability Agencies and Related Resources
The Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities (CCD) - CCD is a coalition of approximately 100 national disability organizations working together to advocate for national public policy that ensures the self determination, independence, empowerment, integration and inclusion of children and adults with disabilities in all aspects of society.
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- AAIDD - American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- AUCD - Association of University Centers on Disability
- Arc-US - The Arc of the United States
- ASA - Autism Society of America
- IACC - Inter-Agency Autism Coordinating Committee
- CEC - The Council for Exceptional Children
- Cerebral Palsy - Ask the Doctor, a resource for parents and families.
- Guide for Parents, some basic facts about cerebral palsy for parents and families
- The Council on Quality and Leadership in Supports for People with Disabilities (The Council)
- Exceptional Parent (EP) magazine - provides information, support, ideas, encouragement and outreach for parents and families of children with disabilities, and the professionals who work with them.
- Family Village - a global community that integrates information, resources, and communication opportunities on the Internet for persons with cognitive and other disabilities, for their families, and for those that provide them services and support.
- Fundación John Langdon Down
- Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. Foundation
- NACDD - National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities
- NDRN - National Disability Rights Network (Protection and Advocacy Organizations)
- NASDDDS - National Association for State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services
- NDSS - National Down Syndrome Society
- NYLN - National Youth Leadership Network
- SABE - Self Advocates Becoming Empowered
- SLN - Sibling Leadrship Network
- UCP - United Cerebral Palsy
- The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- The American Psychological Association
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders
- Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health
- The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- National Mental Health Association
- National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors
Colorado Disability Agencies and Related Resources
- The Arc of Colorado
- Autism Society of America Colorado Chapter
- Cerebral Palsy of Colorado, Inc.
- Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado, Inc.
- Imagine! - Established in 1963 as the first Community Centered Board in Colorado.
- All Community Centered Boards in Colorado (CCBs)
- Learning Disabilities Association of Colorado
- Mile High Down Syndrome Association, Inc.
- Colorado Spina Bifida Association
- The Access Board A federal agency committed to accessible design.
- Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD) is the U.S. Government organization responsible for implementation of the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act of 2000, known as the DD Act. AIDD, its staff and programs, are part of the Administration for Community Living, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ) Healthcare research
- Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE)
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA), U.S. Department of Commerce
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Congressional Budget Office (CBO)
- Congressional Research Service provides access to a list of its publications.
- FedStats, Links to more than 100 US federal agencies providing data and statistics.
- Recent reports from the General Accounting Office (GAO)
- Library of Congress
- Social Security Administration (SSA) programs, Disability, Old Age Survivors Insurance (OASI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Thomas, comprehensive locator information about Congress' legislation.
- The U.S. Department of Justice ADA home page forms for filing ADA complaints, ADA regulations and technical assistance materials, ADA enforcement status reports, ADA settlements and consent decrees.
- United States Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Latest Federal budget.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- National Science Foundation
- Office of Disability Employment Policy
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
- National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research
- Rehabilitation Engineering Research Centers
- A list of all states' I/DD agencies
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) formerly the American Association of University Affiliated Programs (AAUAP).
- University Centers of Excellence by State
- Intellectual and Developmental Disability Research Centers by StateNational Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities (NACDD)
- National Association of Protection and Advocacy Associations (NAPAS)
- National Association of State Budget Officers
- National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services (NASDDDS) is the national organization for Directors of State Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) agencies; conducts policy research.
- National Association of State Medicaid Directors
- National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD) National Research Institute. Bibliographic information; data on mental health policy, financing.
- National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) Information on state budget and policy issues; legislation.
- National Governors Association (NGA) Executive priorities in the states; budget issues.
Private Research Institutes
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Economic Policy Institute (EPI) on-line publications related to health policy and managed care including The State of Working America, January 2012.
- Mathematica Policy Research organization.
- Weconnectnow linking students with disabilities to higher education opportunities.
Disability Data & Statistics
- Access to Disability Data @ InfoUse - data resources including chartbooks, statistical charts, tables and surveys.
- Center on Human Policy, Syracuse University
- Disability Statistics Center - disseminates statistical information on disability and the status of people with disabilities in American Society.
- Institute on Community Integration, University of Minnesota
- Institute for Community Inclusion, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- National Center for the Dissemination of Disability Research - conducts research, dissemination and utilization activities, demonstration projects, and technical assistance.
- U.S. Disability Statistics, Cornell University