Links below connect to the one-page profiles for each of the four Longitudinal Data Projects of National Significance.
Access the State of the States AIDD Profiles: State of the States in IDD
The State of the States "Create a Chart" is now updated with 2015 data.
The University of Massachusetts at Boston's project addresses employment: www.StateData.info
The University of Minnesota's data on individuals and families and residential services can be accessed at: umn.edu/rtc
And, the National Core Indicators data can be accessed at http://www.nationalcoreindicators.org/
U.S. Territories Report: Another important collaboration of the PNS data collection projects at the Universities of Colorado, Massachusetts-Boston, and Minnesota is the U.S. Territories Report for American Samoa, The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
State Profiles for Cross-Disability Spending During Fiscal Years 1997-2013
Select a state from the map to download a graphic profile in pdf format, or visit Create a Chart to make charts on-line.
These 85 letters of support are organized by State and by organization (State I/DD Agency, Protection and Advocacy Organization, Developmental Disabilities Council, UCEDD, and State Arc).
NOTE: After viewing a letter, use your Browser "return" to return to the full list of states and links to letters.
UCEDDUniversity of Alaska Anchorage Center for Human Development
State I/DD AgencyDepartment of Security Division of Developmental Disabilities
UCEDDSonoran University Center for Excellance in Developmental Disabilities
Developmental Disability CouncilState Council on Developmental Disabilities
UCEDDUSC University Center for Excellance in Developmental Disabilities
Developmental Disability CouncilColorado Developmental Disabilities Council
Protection and Advocacy OrganizationLegal Center for People with Disabilities and Older People
UCEDDJFK Partners, Colorado's University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities
State ArcThe Arc of Colorado
State ArcThe Arc of Connecticut
Developmental Disabilities CouncilDeleware Developmental Disabilities Council
Developmental Disabilities CouncilGeorgia Council on Developmental Disabilities
Developmental Disabilities CouncilState Council on Developmental Disabilities
State I/DD AgencyHawaii Department of Health
Developmental Disabilities CouncilIllinois Council on Developmental Disabilities
State ArcThe Arc of Illinois
Protection and Advocacy OrganizationEquip for Equality
State I/DD AgencyIllinois Department of Human Services
Developmental Disabilities CouncilIndiana Governer's Council for People with Disabilities
UCEDDIndiana Institute on Disability and Community
State ArcThe Arc of Indiana
Developmental Disabilities CouncilIowa Developmental Disabilities Council
UCEDDIowa's University Center for Excellence on Disabilities
UCEDDKU Life Span Institute
Kansas University Center on Developmental Disabilities
State I/DD AgencyDepartment for Behavioral Health, Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities
UCEDDHuman Development Institute
UCEDDLSUHSC-Human Development Center
Protection and Advocacy OrganizationDisability Rights Center
UCEDDCenter for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies
Protection and Advocacy OrganizationMaryland Law Disability Center
Developmental Disabilities CuncilMassachusetts Developmental Disabilities Council
State ArcThe Arc of Massachusetts
State I/DD AgencyMassachusetts Department of Developmental Services
UCEDDEunice Kennedy Shriver Center
Developmental Disabilities CouncilMichigan Developmental Disabilities Council
Protection and Advocacy OrganizationMichigan Protection and Advocacy Service Inc.
Developmental Disabilities CouncilMinnesota Governor's Council on Developmental Disabilities
State I/DD AgencyMinnesota Department of Human Services
Developmental Disabilities CouncilMississippi Council on Developmental Disabilities
UCEDDMississippi Institute for Disability Studies
Developmental Disabilities CouncilMissouri Developmental Disabilities Council
UCEDDUMKC Institute for Human Development
State I/DD AgencyDepartment of Public Health and Human Services
Developmental Disabilities CouncilNebraska Planning Council on Developmental Disabilities
UCEDDUniversity of Nebraska Munroe-Meyer Institute
Developmental Disabilities CouncilNevada Governer's Council on Developmental Disabilities
Developmental Disabilities CouncilNew Hampshire Council on Developmental Disabilities
UCEDDInstitute on Disability
State ArcThe Arc of New Jersey
Protection and Advocacy OrganizationDisability Rights New Jersey
State I/DD AgencyDepartment of Human Services Division of Developmental Disabilities
State ArcThe Arc of New Mexico
Developmental Disabilities CouncilNew York State Developmental Disabilities Planning Council
UCEDDStrong Center for Develomental Disabilities
Westchester Institute for Human Development
Protection and Advocacy OrganizationPutting People First
State ArcNYSARC, Inc.
State I/DD AgencyNorth Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
UCEDDNorth Dakota Center for Persons with Disabilities
UCEDDOhio State University Nisonger Center
Protection and Advocacy OrganizationsOhio Legal Rights Service
State I/DD AgencyOhio Department of Developmental Disabilities
Developmental Disabilities CouncilOklahoma Developmental Disabilities Council
UCEDDDevelopmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service
State I/DD AgencyOregon Department of Human Services
Protection and Advocacy OrganizationDisability Rights Network
UCEDDInstitute on Disability, Temple University
Developmental Disabilities CouncilRhode Island Developmental Disabilities Council
Developmental Disabilities CouncilSouth Carolina Developmental Disabilities Council
Protection and Advocacy OrganizationProtection and Advocacy for People With Disabilities
Developmental Disabilities CouncilTennessee Council on Developmental Disabilities
State ArcThe Arc of Tennessee
Protection and Advocacy OrganizationDisability Rights Texas
Developmental Disabilities CouncilUtah Developmental Disabilities Council
Developmental Disabilities CouncilVermont Developmental Disabilities Council
State I/DD AgencyAgency of Human Services Department of Disabilities and Aging
Developmental Disabilities CouncilVirginia Board for People with Disabilities
UCEDDCenter on Human Developmental Disabilities
State ArcThe Arc of Washington State
State I/DD AgencyState of Washington Department of Social and Health Services
State I/DD AgencyWisconsin Department of Health Service
Protection and Advocacy OrganizationWyoming Protection and Advocacy System, Inc
State I/DD AgencyWyoming Department of Health
On this page:
National Disability Resources
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Private Research Institutes
Disability Statistics & Related Information
National Disability Agencies and Related Resources
The Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities (CCD) - CCD is a coalition of approximately 100 national disability organizations working together to advocate for national public policy that ensures the self determination, independence, empowerment, integration and inclusion of children and adults with disabilities in all aspects of society.
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- AAIDD - American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- AUCD - Association of University Centers on Disability
- Arc-US - The Arc of the United States
- ASA - Autism Society of America
- IACC - Inter-Agency Autism Coordinating Committee
- CEC - The Council for Exceptional Children
- Guide for Parents, some basic facts about cerebral palsy for parents and families
- The Council on Quality and Leadership in Supports for People with Disabilities (The Council)
- Exceptional Parent (EP) magazine - provides information, support, ideas, encouragement and outreach for parents and families of children with disabilities, and the professionals who work with them.
- Fundación John Langdon Down
- Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. Foundation
- NACDD - National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities
- NDRN - National Disability Rights Network (Protection and Advocacy Organizations)
- NASDDDS - National Association for State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services
- NDSS - National Down Syndrome Society
- NYLN - National Youth Leadership Network
- SABE - Self Advocates Becoming Empowered
- SLN - Sibling Leadrship Network
- UCP - United Cerebral Palsy
- The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- The American Psychological Association
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders
- Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health
- The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- National Mental Health Association
- National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors
Colorado Disability Agencies and Related Resources
- The Arc of Colorado
- Autism Society of America Colorado Chapter
- Cerebral Palsy of Colorado, Inc.
- Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado, Inc.
- Imagine! - Established in 1963 as the first Community Centered Board in Colorado.
- All Community Centered Boards in Colorado (CCBs)
- Learning Disabilities Association of Colorado
- Mile High Down Syndrome Association, Inc.
- Colorado Spina Bifida Association
- The Access Board A federal agency committed to accessible design.
- Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD) is the U.S. Government organization responsible for implementation of the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act of 2000, known as the DD Act. AIDD, its staff and programs, are part of the Administration for Community Living, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ) Healthcare research
- Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE)
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA), U.S. Department of Commerce
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Congressional Budget Office (CBO)
- Congressional Research Service provides access to a list of its publications.
- FedStats, Links to more than 100 US federal agencies providing data and statistics.
- Recent reports from the General Accounting Office (GAO)
- Library of Congress
- Social Security Administration (SSA) programs, Disability, Old Age Survivors Insurance (OASI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Thomas, comprehensive locator information about Congress' legislation.
- The U.S. Department of Justice ADA home page forms for filing ADA complaints, ADA regulations and technical assistance materials, ADA enforcement status reports, ADA settlements and consent decrees.
- United States Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Latest Federal budget.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- National Science Foundation
- Office of Disability Employment Policy
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
- National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research
- Rehabilitation Engineering Research Centers
- A list of all states' I/DD agencies
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) formerly the American Association of University Affiliated Programs (AAUAP).
- University Centers of Excellence by State
- Intellectual and Developmental Disability Research Centers by StateNational Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities (NACDD)
- National Association of Protection and Advocacy Associations (NAPAS)
- National Association of State Budget Officers
- National Association of State Medicaid Directors
- National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD) National Research Institute. Bibliographic information; data on mental health policy, financing.
- National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) Information on state budget and policy issues; legislation.
- National Governors Association (NGA) Executive priorities in the states; budget issues.
Private Research Institutes
- Affordable Colleges for Visually Impaired Students
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Economic Policy Institute (EPI) on-line publications related to health policy and managed care including The State of Working America, January 2012.
- Mathematica Policy Research organization.
- Weconnectnow linking students with disabilities to higher education opportunities.
Disability Data & Statistics
- Access to Disability Data @ InfoUse - data resources including chartbooks, statistical charts, tables and surveys.
- Center on Human Policy, Syracuse University
- Disability Statistics Center - disseminates statistical information on disability and the status of people with disabilities in American Society.
- Institute on Community Integration, University of Minnesota
- Institute for Community Inclusion, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- National Center for the Dissemination of Disability Research - conducts research, dissemination and utilization activities, demonstration projects, and technical assistance.
- U.S. Disability Statistics, Cornell University