To create a chart comparing data within a single state or region, click either the data you are interested in comparing, or a state or region. Clicking any control will draw a chart in the lower-right part of the page. The chart will be redrawn with new data whenever you click another control.
To create a chart with state-to-state comparisons of selected data:
1. Select the "begin creating a chart" button;
2. Select the category of data to use for comparison;
3. Select the option for sorting data (alphabetical, low to high, or high to low); and
4. Select any number of states and/or regions to compare.
NOTE: Seven states that no longer finance state-operated 16+ person institutions
do, however, finance 16+ person private facilities (IN, ME, MI, MN, NH, RI, WV).
Creating Charts for Fiscal Year 2013
You can create two types of charts:
A) to compare one or multiple states or regions; or B) to compare by disability group (I/DD, mental health, physical disability) within one state or region.
For a chart of multiple states or regions:
1. First select the type of data to compare,
2. Then choose whether to sort alphabetically, from low to high, or from high to low.
3. Complete the selection by choosing all states and all regions or other selected groups of states/regions.
For the second type of chart comparing within a state/region, first select the type of data to display. Then select a single state or region. The resulting chart will compare I/DD, mental health, and physical disability for the selected type of data and selected state/region. A new type of chart of compares average annual cost of care for adjusted total disability spending during 1997-2013, by disability group.
Right click on the chart to print.